CBHCare provides a broad range of therapeutic programs designed for adolescents. Recognizing the unique nature of this age group, along with the demands facing teenagers today, CBHCare professionals employ a developmental perspective in understanding and treating a broad spectrum of adolescent behavioral health problems. The services offered to this age category include:
- individual outpatient appointments
- an intensive, after-school, group treatment program
- intensive case management
- residential treatment for youth who are unable to immediately return home following hospitalization
With its strong philosophical commitment to working with families and community support systems, New Directions - CBHCare's After-School Partial Care Program - has proven to be a cost-effective alternative to out-of-home placement for at-risk youth. Designed for teenagers age 12 through 17, New Directions is a valuable treatment option for young people in need of intensive, structured therapeutic activities two to five evenings a week in order to address serious emotional problems. Download a flyer here.
The program offers:
• Group therapy
• Individual therapy
• Family therapy
• Art therapy
• Parent support groups
• Computer lab
• Cooking group and dinner
• Recreational outings
• Psychiatric evaluations, medication monitoring and on-going psychiatric assessment.
CORE Solutions Program
CORE Solutions offers skilled, individually tailored behavioral healthcare services and specialized clinical services for children and adolescents.
Youth Case Management program is to make sure that these youngsters are linked with needed services that will reduce their risk of future hospitalizations and which will maximize their potential for learning, growth, and emotional stability.
- Intensive In-Community (IIC) Services
- Behavioral Assistance Services
- Specialized IIC Services for teh Developmentally Disabled Population
- Licensed and Experienced Master's Level Practitioners
The CORE Solutions Team includes therapists who are fluent in many languages, including Spanish, Italian, Korean, Ukrainian, Polish and others. Our expertise includes treatment of:
- Separation / Loss Issues
- Anger Management
- School Refusal Issues
- Domestic Abuse
- Legal Issues
- Dance Therapy
- Art and Play Therapy
The Kearny Adolescent Residential Experience (KARE) provides a home-like setting where adolescents who are leaving a psychiatric hospital can take the first step back to their families and communities.
KARE is a three-to-six month community-based residential program where trained professional staff provide a therapeutic environment for up to eight adolescents between the ages of 12 and 17.
- The KARE program is fully supervised 24 hours a day.
- Every hour is used to the best advantage through a full schedule of activities
- Supervised educational activities
- An After-School Partial Care Program
- Individual, family and group therapy
- Recreational events
KARE consumers also attend school 12-months per year at a special education facility approved by the New Jersey Office of Education.
Clinical staff are available at all times for discussion of personal problems, ventilation of feelings regarding stressful issues and assisting residents to work through feelings of anxiety and fear associated with leaving the hospital and re-integrating into the community.
Clinical services include:
- Family, group, and individual therapy
- Referral, after-care and follow-up services upon discharge
- Psychiatric evaluation and ongoing psychiatric assessment
- Medication monitoring
- Parental education
- Support groups