Checkers is a therapeutic after-school program for developmentally disabled and lower functioning adolescents, ages 12 through 17, who require intensive structured therapy to address emotional and behavioral issues.
This one of a kind program for adolescents with complex needs provides community-based specialized clinical services that may eliminate the need for more restrictive out-of- home interventions and placements.
Highlights of the Checkers programs include...
- Psychiatric evaluation and on-going assessment
- Medication monitoring
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Therapeutic activities designed to enhance communication and social skills
- Independent Living, Self-Esteem and Anger Management Groups
- Point and Level System to chart treatment progress
- Tuesday and Thursdays evenings from 4:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m.
- Intakes, evaluations, family therapy sessions, and psychiatric appointments may be scheduled outside of regular program hours
- Transportation is available on a limited basis subject to availability
- Optional week-end recreational outings available
- Coordination of all services for one fee
- Immediate response to all referrals
- One of a kind new program providing specialized clinical services
Division of Adolescent Services
Comprehensive Behavioral Healthcare
25 East Salem Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601