GERIATRIC PARTIAL CARE AT VALLEY BROOK CENTER
A Specialized Day Program for Older Adults
The Valley Brook Center provides older Bergen County adults who are experiencing psychiatric disability (including depression) and medical difficulties related to aging with a customized program to meet their unique needs.
- Maximize independence and self-esteem
- Promote emotional and physical health
- Decrease loneliness and isolation
- Receive support, education and referral to other community services
The Valley Brook Center team includes a registered nurse, a licensed social worker, mental health workers, an activities therapist, and a Board-Certified geriatric psychologist.
- Cognitive stimulation activities
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Nursing assessment
- Medication monitoring
- Individual and group counseling
- Family support and education
- Minimum 60 years old and non-abusive
- Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Flexible participation from 1 to 5 days
- Transportation is available if needed
- Hot lunch daily
- Medicaid, insurance, and private pay accepted