GERIATRIC PARTIAL CARE AT VALLEY BROOK CENTER
A Specialized Day Program for Older Adults
The Valley Brook Center provides older Bergen County adults who are experiencing psychiatric disability (including depression) and medical difficulties related to aging with a customized program to meet their unique needs. Bergen County residents may be eligible to attend the program Free of Charge through funding provided by the Bergen County Division of Senior Services. If interested, please inquire about eligibility requirements.
- Maximize independence and self-esteem
- Promote emotional and physical health
- Decrease loneliness and isolation
- Receive support, education and referral to other community services
The Valley Brook Center team includes a registered nurse, a licensed social worker, mental health workers, an activities therapist, and a Board-Certified geriatric psychologist.
- Cognitive stimulation activities
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Nursing assessment
- Medication monitoring
- Individual and group counseling
- Family support and education
- Minimum 60 years old and non-abusive
- Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Flexible participation from 1 to 5 days
- Transportation is available if needed
- Hot lunch daily
- Medicaid, insurance, and private pay accepted