EARLY INTERVENTION PROGRAM at Bergen Regional Medical Center
The Early Intervention Program (EIP) at Bergen Regional Medical Center is part of Bergen County’s Intensive Family Support Services program. It is designed to engage and assist families in the county who are faced with a psychiatric screening or a hospitalization of their loved one. There is no cost for Early Intervention Services.
CBHCare’s Early Intervention Specialist (EIS) is stationed in the Bergen Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Room to address the questions and concerns of family members at a time of crisis when they are often confused, worried, and overwhelmed. The EIS acts as an advocate for the family and the relative experiencing the mental health crisis, and they also serve as a liaison between the family and the Bergen Regional medical staff. Once the crisis has ended, EIF offers the family referrals to support programs and other community resources that can provide them with continued assistance.
- Decrease the family’s stress level during a mental health crisis
- Increase the family’s awareness of community-based mental health support programs and treatment options
- Link the family with service provides appropriate for their individual needs
Hours of Operation:
- Early Intervention Program (EIP) operates in the Bergen Regional Medical Center’s Emergency Room:
- Mondays – Wednesdays – Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesdays – Thursdays from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The Early Intervention Specialist (EIS) can be reached anytime at 201-707- 0647.
For more information, call 201-646- 0333 and ask to be connected to IFSS