COMPREHENSIVE THERAPEUTIC SERVICES FOR DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED ADOLESCENTS WITH PSYCHIATRIC NEEDS
Checkers is a therapeutic after-school program for developmentally disabled adolescents, ages 12 through 17, who require intensive structured therapy to address emotional and behavioral issues.
This one of a kind program for adolescents with complex needs provides community-based specialized clinical services that may eliminate the need for more restrictive out-of-home interventions and placements.
Highlights of the Checkers program include:
- Psychiatric evaluation and on-going assessment
- Medication monitoring
- Individual, Family and Group Therapy
- Therapeutic activities designed to enhance Communication and Social
- Independent Living, Self-Esteem, Social Skills and Anger Management Groups
- Point and Level System to chart treatment progress
- Three evenings a week from 4:00 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
- Intakes, evaluations, family therapy sessions and psychiatric appointments may be scheduled outside of regular program hours
- Transportation is available on a limited basis and subject to availability
- Optional weekend recreational outings available
- Coordination of all services for one fee
- Immediate response to all referrals
- Specialized program tailored to meet the needs of adolescents with dual disabilities
Division of Adolescent Services
25 East Salem Street
Hackensack, NJ 07601