A SPECIALIZED DAY PROGRAM FOR OLDER ADULTS
The Valley Brook Center provides older Bergen County adults who are experiencing psychiatric disability (including depression) and difficulties related to aging with customized program to meet their unique needs.
- Maximize independence and self esteem
- Promote emotional and physical health
- Decrease loneliness and isolation
- Receive support, education and referral to other community services
The Valley Brook Center team includes a registered nurse, a licensed social worker, mental health workers, an activities therapist, and a Board-certified geriatric Psychiatrist.
- Cognitive stimulation activities
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Nursing assessment
- Medication monitoring
- Individual and group counseling
- Family support and education
- Minimum 50 years old
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Flexible participation from 1 to 5 days
- Transportation subject to limited availability
- Hot lunch daily
- Medicaid, insurance, and private pay accepted
Bergen County residents may be eligible to attend the program Free of Charge through funding provided by the Bergen County Division of Senior Services. If interested, please inquire about eligibility requirements.