Geriatric Outreach Program provides in-home support to older Bergen County residents who are experiencing difficulties related to aging. This program is free; it is funded by Bergen County’s Division of Senior Services.
- Increase awareness and understanding of mental illness
- Identifying areas of daily life where support may be needed
- Facilitate access to community-based treatment services
- Increase knowledge regarding mental health, coping skills, symptom management
- Reinforce the importance of medication management
- Linkage to transportation is available on a very limited basis
The Geriatric Outreach Program can mobilize experienced, helpful staff to help keep seniors healthy, safe, and independent. We assist older consumers and their families in accessing the most appropriate and affordable combination of community-based services that help seniors remain in their communities for as long as possible.
- All consumers must be at least 50+ years old and a Bergen County resident
- Initial assessments are completed by a licensed clinician
- Development of psychiatric illness self-management skills
- Problem-solving and coping strategies
- Socialization and interpersonal skill development
- Serving Central and Southern Bergen County
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.